Most of the 2018 Directors also participated
At the KCA office at 10 o’clock the BOD welcomed Councilor Kelly King to receive her update in exchange for our offered input and concerns in the final quarterly meeting for 2017.
Some of the topics:
- Kulanihakoi River Bridge Replacement
We presented our proposal for a pre-fab bridge which would allow water to flow and the wetland and spring to be restored, something KCA has pushed for since 2017
- Community Plan Update Process CPAC diversity; streamline process
- South Kihei Road/Kaonoulu intersection DPW decision? roundabout? signal light? neither?
It now looks unlikely that either will be needed there, given the planned roundabout at Kenolio and the completion of the North South Connector Road
- “Homeless” meetings; $1.5 M: PU’UHONUA – Kihei Homeless Resource Center; Overnight safe parking plan as discussed in Sep and Oct community meetings, then at County Council 11/17/17
- “Kihei Wellness” at LUC (2018?)
- Two 100% affordable rental projects in N Kihei – Break ground spring 2018?
We certainly appreciate Kelly faithfully meeting with us each quarter in our room.