UPDATE 8/11/17. THIS IS NEXT WEEKEND. ONLY FIVE TEAMS LEFT! CONTACT MARINA NOW
The Makena Golf & Beach Club golf course is one of Maui’s most coveted sea-to-mountain golf course experiences. The 18-hole club course traverses Maui’s rugged backcountry along the leeward slopes of Mount Haleakala and reaches elevations of 450 feet above sea level. Fully renovated by Dennis Wise in 2015, the redesign highlighted the natural beauty of the terrain by strategically repositioning tees, greens, bunkers and fairway features to reveal spectacular ocean and offshore views of Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Kahoolawe and Lanai.
$350 registration is limited to 18 teams of 4 and includes:
- ‘Grab and go’ breakfast, snacks and access to the Comfort Station
- A luncheon at the Clubhouse
- Live music by multiple Grammy Award winning master slack key guitarist George Kahumoku
- Hole in One Prizing : $15,000 cash (to be split 50/50 between player and charity), a 7 day Caribbean Cruise for two, two round trip tickets on American Airlines anywhere in the Continental U.S., and an iPad
- Grand prize for the winning team: a Private Sunset Cocktail Cruise for 16 with Pacific Whale Foundation
- Great prizes from our sponsors including a two night stay at the Grand Wailea
- A souvenir team photo
- An optional tour of the Paniaka wetland site with interpretation by Pacific Whale Foundation following the tournament
To register your team, visit https://www.pacificwhale.org/prgt
6/2/17 #kihei KCA has been a member of the Oneloa Coalition since its inception back in 2009 (SEE https://gokihei.org/?s=Oneloa+coalition&submit=Search for some history).
A few years back a proposal was offered to refresh the Paniaka fish pond in the southern section of Oneloa, or Makena State Park. Due to location and various laws and rules, you can’t just show up with a group of volunteers with chainsaws & heavy equipment and have at it, regardless of intentions or motivation. But after years of hoop jumping and dotting i’s and crossing t’s, it’s time to look for some funding to get the work done.
So here is the plan: THE PANIAKA RESTORATION GOLF TOURNAMENT. On Sunday August 20 at Makena Golf for a charity tournament. The goal is eighteen teams of four and the organizers will begin looking for sponsors offering cash and prizes right away.
Event details are available at https://www.pacificwhale.org/prgt.