There is nothing like a New Yearâ€™s resolution list to help organize a community meeting. The Kihei Community Association is having its annual Planning Meeting Tuesday at the Kihei Community Center at 6:30 p.m.
The KCA resolution list is a little more involved than the standard commitment to exercise more or cut down on the red meat. Our list includes our resolve to give the best effort on all of our pressing mandates:
- Work with the county toward the construction of the new South Maui Regional Park.
- Move forward with the Kihei roundabout, safe routes to school and new sidewalks on South Kihei Road.
- Seek additional community input on the new Kihei high school location.
- Work with the parks department on a start date for construction on the new playground and pedestrian trail for Kalama Park.
- Continue to take time to meet with all of the developers who are planning new projects in Kihei and solicit community input.
We also resolve to thank our members for their continued support, organize a yearly fundraiser and conduct some great public meetings and workdays for the Kihei community in 2008.
If you want to have a say on these New Yearâ€™s resolutions for Kihei, please come to the meeting and add your item and your effort to the list. Doors open at 6 p.m. for talk-story and refreshments. The KCA meeting begins promptly at 6:30.
Bob and Lis Richardson