Here are some great volunteer opportunities in our South Maui community…
On Saturday, July 18th Community Work Day Program will be having another
clean-up event called Litter Bugs Me. This events focus is our highways
and major roadways. We could really use volunteer help along Piilani
Hwy. We’ve divided Piilani in sections, so if you are interested,
please call Dana Lynn Smith, 877-2524 for details.
The KCA works in conjunction with Community Work Day Program at various locations in South Maui. Look for more info on community clean up sites on Sept. 19th, Oct. 17th and Nov. 21st.
- Every Monday workday with Hoaloha ‘Aina or South Maui Volunteers. Volunteers work from 7:30- 9:30 at either the Kihei Boat Ramp or one of the Kamaole Beach Parks on a variety of restoration and native planting projects. Contact Bob or Lis Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help restore a historic Hawaiian Fishpond. At Ko’ie’ie fishpond in North Kihei, located next to Kalepolepo Park near intersection of South Kihei Rd and Kaonoulu. Volunteers are needed on the second and fourth Saturday of every month, from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. For additional info, contact Hoylynn Pamamn at (808) 359-1172 or www.mauifishpond.com
- Support the KCA and the Maui Food Bank. Attend a KCA community meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of every month and bring a donation for the Maui Food Bank.
- If your group, school, or organization would like to participate in dune restoration projects in South Maui please contact the KCA for dates and times.
- The KCA works periodically on clean-up efforts at the Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge and Sugar Beach area. Watch for times on the KCA website.
- If you would like to volunteer with the Parks Dept in South Maui please contact the South District Support Services at 879-4364.