1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
39. Planning Committee
40. KCA Road Guidelines
41. Committee System
42. Recreation and Education Committee
43. How is Building in Kihei Different?
44. The Design Review Process
46. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
47. Piilani Promenade (AKA MegaMall) FEIS June 2017
48. Email the Mayor – No Stop Light or Culvert!
49. North Kihei Issues
50. Email the Mayor â€“ No Stop Light or Culvert!
51. The Wiliwili Award
52. Domicile/Housing Committee
53. Join a Committee
54. Why We Need A Roundabout For The New School
55. Subscribe to KCA Email
56. Wiliwili Warrior Award
57. South Maui Region Park Plan
1. Meet the Candidates for Maui County Mayor
2. As expected, major back up on Pi’ilani Hwy south to start the day
3. The State is behind in clearing out Waipuilani Gulch
4. While Oahu Department of Education prevents high school opening, local principal works to name it
5. Planning Department Information about New SMA Rules
6. Further delays for North Kihei sidewalks; going into fifth year since offered
7. Provide your input – health care for South Maui
8. High School Crossing FAQ
9. The start of added sidewalks on S. Kihei Rd. going south from Lipoa?
10. Civil Beat Comes to Kihei to talk with and listen to community
11. Rep. Kai Kahele visits with KCA in Kihei re transportation infrastructure
12. Department of Education Community (virtual) meeting on the new High School in North Kihei
13. Informative Townhall on So. Maui Housing drew about 50 people last evening
14. Some background on the fight for a safe crossing for the high school students
15. What are your budget priorities?
16. Here comes the first state roundabout in North Kihei?
17. Ahihi Kinau – KCA Public Meeting March 15, 2022
18. Getting to the other side of the Pi’ilani Hwy in North Kihei
19. KCA Public Meeting March 15 – ‘Ahihi Kina‘u
20. Maui News – get the roadway built
21. Mayoral Candidate Judge Richard Bissen meets with KCA BOD
22. Media report on flooding & the Kihei Drainage Master Plan
23. New Raw Elements dispensers installed on Maui ahead of non-mineral sunscreen ban
24. Heavy equipment in two major river gulches in So Maui
25. Tourism Management and Economic Development in Maui County
26. Pi’ilani Hwy northbound closed north of Kaonoulu Tuesday afternoon
27. KCA candidate forums in 2022
28. Commission nears deadline to propose changes to Maui County government
29. World Wetlands Day – Celebrate in Kihei February 2, 2022
30. Senator Brian Schatz and State Hwys Division Ed Sniffen at County IT Committee
31. UPDATE: Hale Kaiola Housing Announces Lottery on March 4
32. Plan Seeks More Natural Solutions to Flood Risks
33. Safety concern on N. Kihei Rd induces site visit meeting of government officials
34. Mitigating the flooding in Kihei and protecting the reefs
35. BOOM!! Illegal explosions turn some Kihei neighborhoods into “war zones.”
36. Blessing of the New South Maui County Council District Office at R & T Park
37. North Kihei area near Uwapo after the heavy rains in December 2021
38. The proposed pedestrian underpass in a severe rainstorm
39. Online seminar on green infrastructure for stormwater management
40. Kihei Drainage Master Plan Ecological Alternatives Analysis Finally Released
41. What is up with the State Department of Transportation’s Two Lane Roundabout?
42. Liloa Drive Road Painting Needed For Safety
43. Maui’s historic law bans the sale of chemical sunscreens in county
44. Concerns about building on the Waipuilani wetlands
45. Roundabouts are good for the climate
46. Watch the 12/16/2021 meeting about the wetlands and other South Maui issues
47. Wailea 670, aka Honua’ula project still proceeding into 2022
48. Maui News Editorial regarding High School pedestrian access
49. Maui News Report on State Land Use Commission meeting on underpass
50. UPDATE!! Safety first for our high school students, 10/27/21at 9AM
51. KCA Members ONLY!
52. KALAMA PARK ACTION TEAM…DO OR DIE?
53. Where is the Kihei Master Drainage Plan?
54. KCA Design Review Committee sees revised housing project
55. Ku Makani – Free Crisis Counseling
56. New Kihei High School Information
57. Community Plan updates, water conservation and a new high school for Kihei
58. Maui County Kakou
59. A moment in KCA’s history – 2006
60. Is this the start of the next segment of the “Collector Road”, aka Liloa?
61. South Maui in the 2020 census
62. Yes, protected bike lanes save lives
63. Kalama Park to Makena Bike Ride on September 11, 2021
64. Sign Waving Demonstration Seeks Safety First for Future Kihei High School Students
65. Pictures from sign-waving 8/19/2021 for a safe student crossing
66. Sign-waving 8/19 for High School underpass
67. Wetlands Cleanup on Saturday Morning at La’ie along South Kihei Road
68. Weed fire on land set to break ground for work force housing project
69. Is there actual governmental true interest in pedestrian safety on our island?
70. A safer bikelane on a roadway
71. WHAT’S UP AT S W CORNER OF LIPOA ST. AND S. KIHEI RD? A Bus Stop Shelter
72. Recycling in Maui County – Watch the Recording
73. Ho’onani Housing Project Proposal
74. Hale Pi’ilani Park: Field of Dreams?
75. Coastal Road Adaptation Survey
76. KCA Public Meeting – Recycling in Maui County
77. In case you missed it on June 23!!! South Maui HHARP Virtual Preparedness Fair
78. Watch the Sustainable Tourism Town Hall meeting
79. KCA Quarterly Meeting with Council Member Kelly King
80. Get involved, make Maui better!
81. Whatever happened to the Kamaole Grand Project in South Kihei?
82. KCA meets with Dept. Public Works Director Rowena Dagdag-Andaya on May 28.
83. New Kihei “affordable” housing project presented to Design Review Committee
84. What is the Maui County Charter Commission Up to?
85. SOUTH MAUI DISTRICT VACATION RENTAL MORITORIUM PROPOSED
86. Virtual South Maui Transportation Town Hall 4/27/21 4:30PM
87. May General Membership Meeting Looks at the County Charter and the Commission
88. Housing Projects in Kihei
89. Troublesome signal lights at Ohukai intersection at highway
90. NSCR construction date now two years later: 2024 for next segment
91. Building makai of South Kihei Road in 2021
92. South Maui Town Hall for Budget Priorities on Tuesday, March 30 at 6pm
93. Mayor Unviels FY 2022 County Budget- “No Soup for YOU, South Maui”
94. New S. Maui affordable apartments moving ahead
95. Modified TODAY 3/19/21 -Island wide Brown Water Advisory has been issued for Maui today
96. Starting the South Maui Community Plan Update
97. South Maui Community Plan update – public meeting 3/16
98. Maui Coast Hotel expansion – meeting with developers
99. Need help with an outdoor clean up? Malama Maui Nui is there for you
100. Deadline is FEB 26 to participate in Household Hazardous Waste Collection event