1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
40. Planning Committee
41. KCA Road Guidelines
42. Committee System
43. Recreation Committee
44. How is Building in Kihei Different?
45. The Design Review Process
47. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. KCA GOES OVER AND UP TO REPORT TO YOU ON CANDIDATES
2. Kihei Wellness Center proposed at 1488 SKR, makai (next to Kihei Vet ) hearing on May 10, 2016 9AM
3. Makena Site Visit Set for 5/18/16 at 9:00 AM For County Planning Commission on Resort Project
4. Bike path Construction along Liloa to commence this month
5. We Crashed the Revitalized Wailuku Community Association Meeting
6. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A MAUI COUNTY COMMUNITY PLAN? WHAT IF MUCH OF IT IS IGNORED?
7. Brah, it’s a street light, not a traffic signal at Kanani Rd
8. KCA Testifies to Planning Commission but mostly listens
9. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding. NSCR (again)
10. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding S Maui Parks
11. COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY IN KIHEI SATURDAY MORNING STARTING AT 8:00 AM
12. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Receives New Development Info
13. COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE IN KIHEI
14. A VERY SAD COMMENT ABOUT A FAVORITE PLACE
15. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
16. UPDATE Can Industrial Hemp be Grown in South Maui? Opinions vary.
17. UPDATE!! PROCESS HALTED, Walgreens decides to forego plan for Kihei Store!
18. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE HEARS KIHEI REPORT VIA TESTIMONY
19. What/Who was missing from this meeting of the Alliance?
20. How Did You Spend Your Easter Sunday Morning?
21. Organizing Good Organizations to do Good in Kihei on Good Friday Morning
22. HEARING LAST MONDAY IS NO HELP! KIHEI HIGH SCHOOL What’s in a name? Does our community have a choice?
23. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE COMES TO KIHEI, APRIL 5, 6:00 PM
24. PI’ILANI ACCIDENT IN SHADOW OF POLICE STATION
25. AUWE! Now on hold! KCA again proposes a safe bike path in Kihei
26. Road Closed! WAY more than a bike path on Liloa
27. County Council Decides on Water Board appointment ; YES, 6-2 for de Naie
28. MEETING RECAP ON HOMELESSNESS IN SOUTH MAUI
29. Kihei’s Fourth Friday has begun their Fourth Year **Look for KCA at B-30 This Evening
30. What are you doing Saturday Morning? Swimming?
31. Group Bicycle Ride Saturday Morning at 9:00 AM
32. SLOW DOWN! This ain’t the mainland
33. What’s Up at Stella Blues Site in Azeka Mauka?
34. Whatever happened to KCA past President Jon Miller?
35. UPDATE Council’s First Says Yes- will they make the deadline?
36. UDRB unanimously moves both South Maui projects forward on Tuesday
37. Friday 9 AM Full Council–Lucienne De Naie moves forward at Water Board despite our rep Don Couch’s sole NO vote at PIA this morning
38. MARCH MEETING ADDRESSES HOMELESSNESS IN KIHEI ON TUESDAY EVENING
39. NEW LOCATION–County Council’s Special Committee sets an evening (5:00 PM) public meeting
40. An Apology to the KCA Membership
41. NOW ON AKAKU! Planning Commission Decides Nani Loa Condo Project Goes Forward
42. Alliance Feb meeting address two items: one for members, one the community
43. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Scores First Development for 2016
44. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
45. Developer announces public meeting on project, Kamaole Point , to be offered next Thursday at 6:30 PM
46. Controversial Nani Loa Condo Project back before Planning Commission
47. SOME BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE AT HELEAKALA THAT MAKES LEAVING MAUI DIFFICULT
48. Hazmat spill on roundabout causes closure this morning
49. TWO KIHEI DEVELOPMENTS “DECIDED” AT PLANNING COMMISSION ON TUESDAY 2/9/16
50. Work Continues on Downtown Kihei commercial project along Pi’ikea
51. COUNCIL’S BUDGET COMMITEE GIVES UNAMIMOUS APPROVAL
52. What is Happening at Ahihi Kina’u National Preserve ?
53. FIRST EVENING MEETING FOR GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MOVES TO UHMC
54. VIDEO NOW ON HERE! FIRST COMMUNITY MEETING INDUCES LARGE TURNOUT ON GOVERNANCE 1/19/16
55. OUR COMMENTS SUBMITTED FOR MAKENA RESORT REQUEST FOR AN ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (EA)
56. Planning Commission to examine Walgreens Kihei again 2/9/16
57. SEE KCA RESPONSE–Maui Island residents tell Commissioners to say NO to ATC Makena!
58. SENATOR ROZ BAKER TALKS TO KIHEI
59. Alliance starts off a new year of unity 1/25/16
60. WHAT’ S UP THIS WEEK, THE LAST ONE IN JANUARY, FOR KCA?
61. Mass plastic in Pacific Ocean a recipe for disaster. Will So Maui be affected more?
62. Guest commentary offered to our community
63. MMNA Annual Meeting last evening in South Kihei
64. KCA makes our first Special Committee on Governance meeting on Thursday afternoon to testify.
65. Meet the “crew” of ZERO on a sunny morning in Kihei
66. NOT SO FAST, WALGREENS says Planning Commission
67. KCA MEETING ON GOVERNANCE VIDEO ON WEBSITE FOR ON-DEMAND VIEWING NOW!
68. Roz Baker Talks to the Community on next Thursday 1/28/16 in Kihei
69. This Day Has FINALLY come for Kihei
70. MECO Public Meeting in South Maui WED 1/27
71. “Show Me The water” bill remains intact after attempt to repeal it fails
72. A & B PHASING OUT SUGAR ON MAUI THIS YEAR!
73. KIHEI HIGH SCHOOL GROUNDBREAKING
74. FIRST COMMUNITY MEETING EXAMINES GOVERNANCE OF MAUI COUNTY ON 19th
75. KIHEI POOL CLOSED FOR FIRST HALF OF 2016
76. KCA MEETING ON GOVERNANCE VIDEO ON WEBSITE FOR ON-DEMAND VIEWING NOW!
77. MAYOR ARAKAWA AT COMMUNITY MEETING ON TUESDAY (1/19)!
78. Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
79. South Maui Receives Early Christmas Present
80. Recurring visitor again appears off Charlie Young Beach
81. KCA Testifies to chair Carroll at his LUC Committee on Kihei’s R & T Park
82. STATE DOH-WASTEWATER MEETING ON CESSPOOLS; ABYSMAL TURNOUT
83. FILED! Council’s Water Committee Discussed “Show Me The Water” Bill (1/6/16)
84. Report : State LUC Item on Pi’ilani Promenade aka Mega-Mall (12/10/15)
85. KCA was only testifier this morning (12/8/15) at County Planning Commission
86. Do you know KPAT? Want to go for a stroll around the shoreline park at sunset?
87. Friday AM in Council Chambers (12/4/15)
88. Friday AM at County Courthouse (12/4/15)
89. SO WHAT HAPPENED AT THE COUNCIL’S WATER RESOURCES MEETING WED. MORNING?
90. R & T Park back before the Council’s LUC this Wednesday (12/16/15) afternoon
91. STATE DOH WASTEWATER HEARING ON CESSPOOLS THIS THURSDAY AT 10 AM
92. State Land Use Commission Item on Pi’ilani Promenade aka Mega-Mall this Thursday
93. Who knows the “outcome” of the Planning Commission on PC-21??
94. Final Alliance Meeting for 2015 draws Community Associations
95. Are you familiar with the Council’s “special blue ribbon Committee on governance?”
96. How does Sunday Morning Football relate to the Kihei Community Association?
97. Pouring Rain Could Not Halt the Celebratory Opening of Liloa Friday
98. RIDE FOR KARL; RIDE FOR JUSTICE with the Maui Bicycle League DEC 4
99. IS MAYOR PROPOSING AN INCREASE ON MAUI TAXPAYERS? YES!
100. Meeting recap for 11/17/15