1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
39. Planning Committee
40. KCA Road Guidelines
41. Committee System
42. Recreation Committee
43. How is Building in Kihei Different?
44. The Design Review Process
46. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. KCA testifies to Council’s Budget & Finance Committee on South Maui items of concern
2. Kamaole Grand approved at Planning Commission for SMA Permit Request – KCA ask for conditions not granted
3. Are we still hungry? Even more places to eat coming to central Kihei
4. KCA says North Kihei needs more housing, not more commercial space
5. 1000! attend Congressional Representative for Maui, Tulsi Gabbard, Town Hall Meeting
6. What about sunscreen containing oxybenzone ? Would you use it when in the ocean? Is it harmful to coral? Are there reasonable alternatives? Should there be legislative action?
7. County Council B & F Committee Says YES to Kihei Gym
8. Public Invited to Kalama Skate Park Design Workshop this Wednesday at KCC
9. Who is that taking State DOH CWB marine water samples along Kihei Beaches??
10. UPDATE D of A hearing—Can Industrial Hemp be Grown in South Maui? Opinions vary.
11. County Liquor Control Commission is out of control
12. Do you know this guy? Can you ID?
13. Kihei Charter School’s New High School Under Construction
14. Groundswell of community outrage around booze expansion leads to call for peaceful protest this Tuesday afternoon
15. The Effects of Climate Change in Hawaii: Dr Chip Fletcher
16. Hearing is this MONDAY at 9:00 AM Council sends Gym to committee. KCA testified to County Council for Kihei Gym on Friday.
17. County Government Officials Show Very Strong Presence at Our Green Meeting
18. Council’s LUC Committee says go to the land for “Wellness” proposed project on Wednesday afternoon
19. Visiting educator/attorney dedicates an evening of his Maui vacation to infom concerned residents on climate change
20. DO KIHEI’S YOUTH DESERVE A GYM?
21. A Trio of Free events this week in S. Maui concerning items of KCA concern, climate change, bicycling and coral reefs. Seize the opportunity!
22. Honolulu Civil Beat comes to Maui on Friday 3/24
23. Council’s IEM Committee Meeting Monday Afternoon
24. Do you want to pay higher taxes or receive less services? Or maybe charge corporations for naming rights to county park facilities as in the NFL?
25. Segment of NSCR sees some prep work done
26. KCA’S MIKE MORAN MANIFESTS AT MAUI MPO MEETING MONDAY MORNING
27. “Makena” Meeting at KCA office on Tuesday
28. Maui County Council meeting dominated by KCA testifiers
29. More documentation of source of Kihei flooding
30. It’s a GREEN General Membership Meeting
31. STATE LUC SITE VISIT MEETING FOR A-94-706 , PI’ILANI PROMENADE, aka MEGAMALL THURSDAY
32. Stunning pictures of Kihei flooding
33. Is this YOUR boat?
34. WHEN is the public meeting along South Kihei Road addressing controversial parking lot project??
35. ‘(A lot of) Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head’ – Hal David & Burt Bacharach
36. HERE COMES THE MEGAMALL ONCE AGAIN!
37. KCA back at Alliance meeting last evening with strong presence
38. KCA back at Whale Day after several years’ absence
39. Standstill on Hawaiian and Environmental Expertise on the Planning Commission
40. UPDATE! Megamall Site Visit 3/9/17 ++++++++ What is Up with the other Kihei Large Proposed Projects??
41. MARINE DEBRIS ON NORTH KIHEI BEACH
42. Once again North Kihei intersection experiences stormwater effect
43. We need your help to evaluate ocean water quality!
44. A Public Presentation draws about 60 on 217-unit condo in South Kihei on Thursday
45. Oneloa Coalition Meeting on Tuesday
46. Ross replacing Hilo Hattie’s in Kihei
47. Honu Resting at Kalepolepo Park Beach
48. THIS MORNING’S TOWN MEETING: OUR SENATOR BAKER OFFERS STATE LEGISLATIVE 2017 UPDATE
49. Updating overdue Community Plan and the second year of Maui MPO topics at first Alliance Meeting
50. 2017 STATE LEGISLATIVE UPDATE BY OUR SENATOR BAKER SATURDAY
51. What is happening on SKR makai in North Kihei?
52. First 2017 Design Review Committee Meeting Examines Kamaole Grand Condo Project for South Kihei
53. First membership meeting sets a high bar for this year
54. County Council Public Hearing and Special Meeting Establishes Standing Committees
55. Opening 2017 membership meeting will overflow with important information on JAN 17
56. PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING ON MAKENA RESORT WAS A HOT ONE WITH NO CONCLUSION
57. MAKENA RESORT BACK BEFORE PLANNING COMMISSION THIS TUESDAY MORNING
58. New South Maui Council Member Kelly King
59. Another new condominium project proposed for South Maui, Kamaole Grand
60. Update from “Grow Some Good”
61. White remains Chair! County Council Organizational Meeting Draws Overflowing Audience
62. A New School Breaks Ground in Kihei This Morning
63. MNMRC Meeting Agenda
64. Mahalo to concerned residents and organizations who have already contributed for the kai study
65. Maui Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) final meeting of 2016
66. County Council Closes Out 2016 on Friday 12/17
67. Don’t skimp on rope for mooring
68. Storm dumped brown water on Kihei
69. UPDATE -Action on deadly food containers at Council
70. What is new at the Makena Resort refurbishing?
71. What is “sustainable transportation?” We wanted to find out, so we attended the forum
72. When is a water plan not really a plan at all?
73. How Important is Ocean Acidification?
74. Seeming confusion leads to deferral of emotional item at Council’s PIA Committee
75. Alliance completes 2017 with three newly elected Council Members on Monday
76. A “forgotten” weekly gem in North Kihei
77. Water, water everywhere is KCA concerns MEETING TUESDAY AT 6:00 PM
78. Final 2016 general membership meeting on our marine water quality shows public concern (SEE Video!)
79. CIVIL BEAT ARTICLE DRAWS ATTENTION TO TUESDAY’S KCA MEETING
80. KING UPSETS COUCH! Maui Electorate Decide on Nine Council Members for 2017-2018
81. Oneloa Coalition meets at Maalaea on Monday
82. Nene invade central Kihei Wednesday morning
83. Who is looking out for our community health and welfare? NO ONE!
84. It’s The Time of The Season– R. Argent
85. I’M SWIMMING IN WHAT?!? Final 2016 Meeting * Vital Concern: Near-Shore Water Quality
86. UPDATE*** Bike Path Blessing & Grand Opening is a Festive Monday Afternoon event at the Park
87. We offer testimony to Commission concerning weight and speed limits in South Maui Wednesday
88. VOLUNTEER MEETING PRESENTED BY COUNTY HHC DEPARTMENT DIVISION AT HIHWNMS IN KIHEI FRIDAY
89. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations last quarterly meeting for 2016 concluded on Wednesday.
90. ALLIANCE MEETING DEVIATES FROM AGENDA DUE TO TOPIC INTEREST
91. NOW ON AKAKU CH 55 MEETING WITH SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES FILLS THE HOUSE
92. Ahihi-Kina’u Advisory Group Quarterly Meeting Thursday Morning
93. Governor’s “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC draws a large turnout Wednesday evening.
94. “MAUI’S ENERGY FUTURE” Forum from MT this Thursday evening
95. Council Candidate Forum by the Maui Filipino Working Group at the Binhi at Ani Community Center
96. SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES IN FORUM at KCMS TUESDAY EVENING at 6:30 PM
97. Community anxiously awaits word on new Kihei Charter School
98. Mark Fenton invited back to Planning Commission Tuesday afternoon
99. Governor sets “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC for Wednesday
100. Alliance examines “Affordable Housing” Monday evening