1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
40. Planning Committee
41. KCA Road Guidelines
42. Committee System
43. Recreation Committee
44. How is Building in Kihei Different?
45. The Design Review Process
47. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON TUESDAY EVENING AT KCMS FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
2. KCA PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETS WITH DPW DIRECTOR DAVID GOODE
3. KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON WEDNESDAY EVENING AT KCC FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
4. Bike path Construction along Liloa nearing conclusion next month
5. MAKENA SITE VISIT BY COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION; KCA TAGS ALONG & COMMENTS
6. LET THE VOTING PUBLIC DECIDE!! KCA to County Council via Resolution on “Governance Issue”
7. MAY 17 COMMUNITY MEETING RECAP ON DEVELOPMENT IN SOUTH MAUI
8. Alliance of Maui Community Associations Recap for May 16, 2016
9. Sidewalks needed for South Kihei Road
10. Work Continues on Downtown Kihei commercial project along Pi’ikea
11. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A “GHOST BIKE”, A “GHOST RIDE” OR A “RIDE OF SILENCE” IS?
12. Council’s Budget Committee Says YES to Ocean Safety Officers (OSO’s) Today
13. Planning Commission examines three South Maui Issues and much more today
14. How Much Growth for South Maui is already approved? How much infrastructure?
15. Makena Site Visit Set for 5/18/16 at 9:00 AM For County Planning Commission on Resort Project
16. Maui Metro Planning Org (Maui MPO) Meeting
17. MNMRC AT HIHWNMS WITH PHD’S ON SKR INVITING KCA
18. Near Shore Water Quality in South Maui Is a Long Term KCA Concern
19. KCA GOES OVER AND UP TO REPORT TO YOU ON CANDIDATES
20. MAUI MEADOWS DRIES UP ON TUESDAY MORNING—PLAN AHEAD!
21. We Crashed the Revitalized Wailuku Community Association Meeting
22. Kihei Wellness Center proposed next to Kihei Vet** hearing on May 10, 2016 9AM
23. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A MAUI COUNTY COMMUNITY PLAN? WHAT IF MUCH OF IT IS IGNORED?
24. Brah, it’s a street light, not a traffic signal at Kanani Rd
25. KCA Testifies to Planning Commission but mostly listens
26. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding. NSCR (again)
27. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding S Maui Parks
28. COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY IN KIHEI SATURDAY MORNING STARTING AT 8:00 AM
29. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Receives New Development Info
30. COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE IN KIHEI
31. A VERY SAD COMMENT ABOUT A FAVORITE PLACE
32. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
33. UPDATE Can Industrial Hemp be Grown in South Maui? Opinions vary.
34. UPDATE!! PROCESS HALTED, Walgreens decides to forego plan for Kihei Store!
35. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE HEARS KIHEI REPORT VIA TESTIMONY
36. What/Who was missing from this meeting of the Alliance?
37. How Did You Spend Your Easter Sunday Morning?
38. Organizing Good Organizations to do Good in Kihei on Good Friday Morning
39. HEARING LAST MONDAY IS NO HELP! KIHEI HIGH SCHOOL What’s in a name? Does our community have a choice?
40. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE COMES TO KIHEI, APRIL 5, 6:00 PM
41. PI’ILANI ACCIDENT IN SHADOW OF POLICE STATION
42. AUWE! Now on hold! KCA again proposes a safe bike path in Kihei
43. Road Closed! WAY more than a bike path on Liloa
44. County Council Decides on Water Board appointment ; YES, 6-2 for de Naie
45. MEETING RECAP ON HOMELESSNESS IN SOUTH MAUI
46. Kihei’s Fourth Friday has begun their Fourth Year **Look for KCA at B-30 This Evening
47. What are you doing Saturday Morning? Swimming?
48. Group Bicycle Ride Saturday Morning at 9:00 AM
49. SLOW DOWN! This ain’t the mainland
50. What’s Up at Stella Blues Site in Azeka Mauka?
51. Whatever happened to KCA past President Jon Miller?
52. UPDATE Council’s First Says Yes- will they make the deadline?
53. UDRB unanimously moves both South Maui projects forward on Tuesday
54. Friday 9 AM Full Council–Lucienne De Naie moves forward at Water Board despite our rep Don Couch’s sole NO vote at PIA this morning
55. MARCH MEETING ADDRESSES HOMELESSNESS IN KIHEI ON TUESDAY EVENING
56. NEW LOCATION–County Council’s Special Committee sets an evening (5:00 PM) public meeting
57. An Apology to the KCA Membership
58. NOW ON AKAKU! Planning Commission Decides Nani Loa Condo Project Goes Forward
59. Alliance Feb meeting address two items: one for members, one the community
60. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Scores First Development for 2016
61. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
62. Developer announces public meeting on project, Kamaole Point , to be offered next Thursday at 6:30 PM
63. Controversial Nani Loa Condo Project back before Planning Commission
64. SOME BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE AT HELEAKALA THAT MAKES LEAVING MAUI DIFFICULT
65. Hazmat spill on roundabout causes closure this morning
66. TWO KIHEI DEVELOPMENTS “DECIDED” AT PLANNING COMMISSION ON TUESDAY 2/9/16
67. COUNCIL’S BUDGET COMMITEE GIVES UNAMIMOUS APPROVAL
68. What is Happening at Ahihi Kina’u National Preserve ?
69. FIRST EVENING MEETING FOR GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MOVES TO UHMC
70. VIDEO NOW ON HERE! FIRST COMMUNITY MEETING INDUCES LARGE TURNOUT ON GOVERNANCE 1/19/16
71. OUR COMMENTS SUBMITTED FOR MAKENA RESORT REQUEST FOR AN ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (EA)
72. Planning Commission to examine Walgreens Kihei again 2/9/16
73. SEE KCA RESPONSE–Maui Island residents tell Commissioners to say NO to ATC Makena!
74. SENATOR ROZ BAKER TALKS TO KIHEI
75. Alliance starts off a new year of unity 1/25/16
76. WHAT’ S UP THIS WEEK, THE LAST ONE IN JANUARY, FOR KCA?
77. Mass plastic in Pacific Ocean a recipe for disaster. Will So Maui be affected more?
78. Guest commentary offered to our community
79. MMNA Annual Meeting last evening in South Kihei
80. KCA makes our first Special Committee on Governance meeting on Thursday afternoon to testify.
81. Meet the “crew” of ZERO on a sunny morning in Kihei
82. NOT SO FAST, WALGREENS says Planning Commission
83. KCA MEETING ON GOVERNANCE VIDEO ON WEBSITE FOR ON-DEMAND VIEWING NOW!
84. Roz Baker Talks to the Community on next Thursday 1/28/16 in Kihei
85. This Day Has FINALLY come for Kihei
86. MECO Public Meeting in South Maui WED 1/27
87. “Show Me The water” bill remains intact after attempt to repeal it fails
88. A & B PHASING OUT SUGAR ON MAUI THIS YEAR!
89. KIHEI HIGH SCHOOL GROUNDBREAKING
90. FIRST COMMUNITY MEETING EXAMINES GOVERNANCE OF MAUI COUNTY ON 19th
91. KIHEI POOL CLOSED FOR FIRST HALF OF 2016
92. KCA MEETING ON GOVERNANCE VIDEO ON WEBSITE FOR ON-DEMAND VIEWING NOW!
93. MAYOR ARAKAWA AT COMMUNITY MEETING ON TUESDAY (1/19)!
94. Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
95. South Maui Receives Early Christmas Present
96. Recurring visitor again appears off Charlie Young Beach
97. KCA Testifies to chair Carroll at his LUC Committee on Kihei’s R & T Park
98. STATE DOH-WASTEWATER MEETING ON CESSPOOLS; ABYSMAL TURNOUT
99. FILED! Council’s Water Committee Discussed “Show Me The Water” Bill (1/6/16)
100. Report : State LUC Item on Pi’ilani Promenade aka Mega-Mall (12/10/15)