1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
40. Planning Committee
41. KCA Road Guidelines
42. Committee System
43. Recreation Committee
44. How is Building in Kihei Different?
45. The Design Review Process
47. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. When is a water plan not really a plan at all?
2. UPDATE -Action taken on food containers on Monday
3. How Important is Ocean Acidification?
4. Seeming confusion leads to deferral of emotional item at Council’s PIA Committee
5. Alliance completes 2017 with three newly elected Council Members on Monday
6. A “forgotten” weekly gem in North Kihei
7. Water, water everywhere is KCA concerns MEETING TUESDAY AT 6:00 PM
8. Final 2016 general membership meeting on our marine water quality shows public concern (SEE Video!)
9. CIVIL BEAT ARTICLE DRAWS ATTENTION TO TUESDAY’S KCA MEETING
10. KING UPSETS COUCH! Maui Electorate Decide on Nine Council Members for 2017-2018
11. Oneloa Coalition meets at Maalaea on Monday
12. Nene invade central Kihei Wednesday morning
13. Who is looking out for our community health and welfare? NO ONE!
14. It’s The Time of The Season– R. Argent
15. I’M SWIMMING IN WHAT?!? Final 2016 Meeting * Vital Concern: Near-Shore Water Quality
16. UPDATE*** Bike Path Blessing & Grand Opening is a Festive Monday Afternoon event at the Park
17. We offer testimony to Commission concerning weight and speed limits in South Maui Wednesday
18. VOLUNTEER MEETING PRESENTED BY COUNTY HHC DEPARTMENT DIVISION AT HIHWNMS IN KIHEI FRIDAY
19. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations last quarterly meeting for 2016 concluded on Wednesday.
20. ALLIANCE MEETING DEVIATES FROM AGENDA DUE TO TOPIC INTEREST
21. NOW ON AKAKU CH 55 MEETING WITH SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES FILLS THE HOUSE
22. Ahihi-Kina’u Advisory Group Quarterly Meeting Thursday Morning
23. Governor’s “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC draws a large turnout Wednesday evening.
24. “MAUI’S ENERGY FUTURE” Forum from MT this Thursday evening
25. Council Candidate Forum by the Maui Filipino Working Group at the Binhi at Ani Community Center
26. SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES IN FORUM at KCMS TUESDAY EVENING at 6:30 PM
27. Community anxiously awaits word on new Kihei Charter School
28. Mark Fenton invited back to Planning Commission Tuesday afternoon
29. Governor sets “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC for Wednesday
30. Alliance examines “Affordable Housing” Monday evening
31. KCA Testifies in favor of NOAA proposed protection of our Spinner Dolphins, nai’a, on Thursday Evening
32. Maui County MPO’s TAC initial meeting this Monday
33. Last day accepting questions for 10/18/16 candidate forum was Friday!
34. Maui County MPO Administrator announces initial actions this morning
35. Administration announces FY 2018 Budget Community Meeting at KCC next Monday
36. Council’s Planning Committee again looks at Maluaka Park’s required expansion on Tuesday.
37. All Clear on Thurs.-SOUTH MAUI ADVISED TO BOIL WATER WEDNESDAY MORNING!!
38. Maui County Candidates explain why you should vote for them in many ways
39. WILL EVERYONE ON MAUI HAVE TO BUY AND INSTALL A BACK FLOW PREVENTER?
40. WCA Conducts Candidate Forum Last Evening for one Council Race
41. KCA Testifies at PIA Committee on one item this morning
42. A Varied Style of County Candidate Forum
43. Who’s KCA & for what do we stand?
44. County survey on water use policies!
45. VOTING CLOSED:– Which Maui Candidates Should KCA Include on October 18- YOU DECIDE!
46. County Department of Planning Reports to Council on Plan Implementation
47. A Visit to the Kihei Wastewater Treatment Plant
48. Do Farmers have Holidays?
49. FIRST CHANCE TO HEAR FROM CANDIDATES SINCE PRIMARY ON MONDAY EVENING
50. What is killing our coral reef system around South Maui? How is our marine water quality?Are you a part of the problem? Why is this disaster allowed to continue?
51. KCA COMMUNITY INQUIRIES ANSWERED IN VARIETY OF WAYS
52. County Council Gives Unanimous Go Ahead to R & T Park To Proceed at FINAL Reading Friday (8/5/16 9 AM) Morning
53. Council’s Planning Committee induces Kihei resident testimony this morning
54. Maui County’s Community Plan Updates. What About Kihei Makena Community Plan?
55. YOU don’t have to wait to August 13 to vote in Maui!!
56. HFUU County Council Forum seemingly winds up live opportunities to hear from candidates Wednesday.
57. DLNR- DOFAW PUBLIC HEARING ON HABITAT CONSERVATION PLAN ON MAJOR KIHEI PROJECT
58. Young Dems score again for the third time with the “triple W” residency seat for Council
59. Huliau Food & Film Festival in Kihei August 6
60. Another “ho hum” for Kihei. Is she coming to Kihei? South Maui? We’ll know Sunday Morning
61. FARMERS PLANT A SEED OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT WEDNESDAY EVENING .
62. SQUEEZE THOSE HANDLES! DATE TIME MAY CHANGE!!!BLESSING OF NEW SEGMENT OF KIHEI GREENWAY FRIDAY(???) MORNING AT 10:30 AM AT PARK
63. ALLIANCE OF MAUI COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS July 2016 meeting
64. FREE ICE CREAM!! (AND MORE,) BUT DO YOU NEED MORE THAN FREE ICE CREAM ?
65. Brown Water Alert for North Kihei Area on Friday (7/15/16)
66. AKAKU CH 55 AND ON LINE 9:00 PM SUNDAY KCA SO MAUI CANDIDATE FORUM
67. UPDATE 9PM SUNDAY- CH 55 GENERAL MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY MEETING; THE SOUTH MAUI CANDIDATES’ FORUM
68. BUT I DO NOT LIVE IN WAILUKU, SO WHY A WAILUKU FORUM ?
69. CANDIDATE FORUM FROM YOUNG DEMS IN KIHEI FOR BOTH RACES
70. Maui First Responders on the Pi’ilani Hwy scene this AM
71. CANDIDATE FORUMS WITHOUT LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Looking at other events for candidates
72. County’s Council’s PIA Committee moves forward with some proposed County Charter Amendments
73. County Council Gives Unanimous Approval to R & T Park this Morning 8/5/16
74. Maui Food Bank (MFB) Continuous Drive by KCA
75. WHAT? YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!? So. Maui Candidates Tuesday Evening
76. QUESTIONS ABOUT QUESTIONS FOR JULY 19 CANDIDATE FORUM FOR SOUTH MAUI RACES
77. County Council’s PIA Committee decides “Governance” item is Pau- not moved to Council
78. HISTORICAL DATA FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON COVE/KALAMA PARK MARINE WATER QUALITY
79. County Council’s PIA Committee had a busy day Monday: KCA was there x Four!
80. South Maui Elections generate another Candidate forum Monday- Dems only
81. 2016 legislature update offered on Saturday morning in Kihei
82. ALMOST FINISHED KIHEI POOL CLOSED FOR FIRST HALF OF 2016
83. ALLIANCE MOVES INTO YEAR FIVE
84. An informative, but depressing scientific presentation concerning coral reefs
85. KCA leads the public testimony at Water Resources Committee of MCC this morning
86. Kulanihakoi “bridge” proposal draws KCA to Planning Commission this morning
87. Kihei Bikeway, Phase II is (sort of) completed along Liloa, fronting school this morning
88. Do you want to decide the County’s future by your vote? KCA says YES
89. The Value of Trees
90. YOUR QUESTION? KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON TUESDAY AT KCMS FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
91. JUST A TYPO**ROAD NOT CLOSED FOR TWO MONTHS. Yes, that’s what the sign says, but we think it is a mistake
92. NO WATER IN PARTS OF KIHEI TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
93. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations quarterly meeting this morning
94. MONDAY 6/27 IS NEXT STEP—LET THE VOTING PUBLIC DECIDE!! KCA to County Council via Resolution on “Governance Issue”
95. South Maui Council Candidates on TV Tuesday at 7:00 PM
96. MNMRC Monthly meeting at PWF in Maalaea this evening
97. ”FRAUD WATCH” POPULAR FORUM ISSUE IN JUNE, 2016
98. Road closed this week***Bike path construction along Liloa nearing conclusion in June
99. Mo’okiha O Pi’ilani sails into Wailea, thrilling residents and visitors alike
100. What did Councilman Couch tell KCA this week?