1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
40. Planning Committee
41. KCA Road Guidelines
42. Committee System
43. Recreation Committee
44. How is Building in Kihei Different?
45. The Design Review Process
47. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. FARMERS PLANT A SEED OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT WEDNESDAY EVENING .
2. Young Dems score again for the third time with the “triple W” residency seat for Council
3. Another “ho hum” for Kihei. Is she coming to Kihei? South Maui? We’ll know Sunday Morning
4. SQUEEZE THOSE HANDLES! DATE TIME MAY CHANGE!!!BLESSING OF NEW SEGMENT OF KIHEI GREENWAY FRIDAY(???) MORNING AT 10:30 AM AT PARK
5. ALLIANCE OF MAUI COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS July 2016 meeting
6. Brown Water Alert for North Kihei Area on Friday (7/15/16)
7. County Council Gives Unanimous Go Ahead to R & T Park To Proceed at First Reading Friday (7/15/16 9 AM) Morning
8. AKAKU CH 55 AND ON LINE 9:00 PM SUNDAY KCA SO MAUI CANDIDATE FORUM
9. UPDATE 9PM SUNDAY- CH 55 GENERAL MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY MEETING; THE SOUTH MAUI CANDIDATES’ FORUM
10. BUT I DO NOT LIVE IN WAILUKU, SO WHY A WAILUKU FORUM ?
11. CANDIDATE FORUM FROM YOUNG DEMS IN KIHEI FOR BOTH RACES
12. CANDIDATE FORUMS WITHOUT LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Looking at other events for candidates
13. County’s Council’s PIA Committee moves forward with some proposed County Charter Amendments
14. Maui Food Bank (MFB) Continuous Drive by KCA
15. WHAT? YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!? So. Maui Candidates Tuesday Evening
16. QUESTIONS ABOUT QUESTIONS FOR JULY 19 CANDIDATE FORUM FOR SOUTH MAUI RACES
17. County Council’s PIA Committee decides “Governance” item is Pau- not moved to Council
18. HISTORICAL DATA FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON COVE/KALAMA PARK MARINE WATER QUALITY
19. County Council’s PIA Committee had a busy day Monday: KCA was there x Four!
20. South Maui Elections generate another Candidate forum Monday- Dems only
21. 2016 legislature update offered on Saturday morning in Kihei
22. ALMOST FINISHED KIHEI POOL CLOSED FOR FIRST HALF OF 2016
23. ALLIANCE MOVES INTO YEAR FIVE
24. An informative, but depressing scientific presentation concerning coral reefs
25. KCA leads the public testimony at Water Resources Committee of MCC this morning
26. Kulanihakoi “bridge” proposal draws KCA to Planning Commission this morning
27. Kihei Bikeway, Phase II is (sort of) completed along Liloa, fronting school this morning
28. Do you want to decide the County’s future by your vote? KCA says YES
29. The Value of Trees
30. YOUR QUESTION? KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON TUESDAY AT KCMS FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
31. JUST A TYPO**ROAD NOT CLOSED FOR TWO MONTHS. Yes, that’s what the sign says, but we think it is a mistake
32. NO WATER IN PARTS OF KIHEI TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
33. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations quarterly meeting this morning
34. MONDAY 6/27 IS NEXT STEP—LET THE VOTING PUBLIC DECIDE!! KCA to County Council via Resolution on “Governance Issue”
35. South Maui Council Candidates on TV Tuesday at 7:00 PM
36. MNMRC Monthly meeting at PWF in Maalaea this evening
37. ”FRAUD WATCH” POPULAR FORUM ISSUE IN JUNE, 2016
38. Road closed this week***Bike path construction along Liloa nearing conclusion in June
39. Mo’okiha O Pi’ilani sails into Wailea, thrilling residents and visitors alike
40. What did Councilman Couch tell KCA this week?
41. KCA PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETS WITH DPW DIRECTOR DAVID GOODE
42. KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON WEDNESDAY EVENING AT KCC FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
43. MAKENA SITE VISIT BY COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION; KCA TAGS ALONG & COMMENTS
44. MAY 17 COMMUNITY MEETING RECAP ON DEVELOPMENT IN SOUTH MAUI
45. Alliance of Maui Community Associations Recap for May 16, 2016
46. Sidewalks needed for South Kihei Road
47. Work Continues on Downtown Kihei commercial project along Pi’ikea
48. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A “GHOST BIKE”, A “GHOST RIDE” OR A “RIDE OF SILENCE” IS?
49. Council’s Budget Committee Says YES to Ocean Safety Officers (OSO’s) Today
50. Planning Commission examines three South Maui Issues and much more today
51. How Much Growth for South Maui is already approved? How much infrastructure?
52. Makena Site Visit Set for 5/18/16 at 9:00 AM For County Planning Commission on Resort Project
53. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 6 AND 8? IT CAN BE A LOT MORE THAN TWO
54. Maui Metro Planning Org (Maui MPO) Meeting
55. MNMRC AT HIHWNMS WITH PHD’S ON SKR INVITING KCA
56. Near Shore Water Quality in South Maui Is a Long Term KCA Concern
57. KCA GOES OVER AND UP TO REPORT TO YOU ON CANDIDATES
58. MAUI MEADOWS DRIES UP ON TUESDAY MORNING—PLAN AHEAD!
59. We Crashed the Revitalized Wailuku Community Association Meeting
60. Kihei Wellness Center proposed next to Kihei Vet** hearing on May 10, 2016 9AM
61. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A MAUI COUNTY COMMUNITY PLAN? WHAT IF MUCH OF IT IS IGNORED?
62. Brah, it’s a street light, not a traffic signal at Kanani Rd
63. KCA Testifies to Planning Commission but mostly listens
64. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding. NSCR (again)
65. KCA Testifies to Budget Committee Regarding S Maui Parks
66. COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY IN KIHEI SATURDAY MORNING STARTING AT 8:00 AM
67. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Receives New Development Info
68. COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE IN KIHEI
69. A VERY SAD COMMENT ABOUT A FAVORITE PLACE
70. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
71. UPDATE Can Industrial Hemp be Grown in South Maui? Opinions vary.
72. UPDATE!! PROCESS HALTED, Walgreens decides to forego plan for Kihei Store!
73. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE HEARS KIHEI REPORT VIA TESTIMONY
74. What/Who was missing from this meeting of the Alliance?
75. How Did You Spend Your Easter Sunday Morning?
76. Organizing Good Organizations to do Good in Kihei on Good Friday Morning
77. HEARING LAST MONDAY IS NO HELP! KIHEI HIGH SCHOOL What’s in a name? Does our community have a choice?
78. COUNTY COUNCIL COMMITTEE COMES TO KIHEI, APRIL 5, 6:00 PM
79. PI’ILANI ACCIDENT IN SHADOW OF POLICE STATION
80. AUWE! Now on hold! KCA again proposes a safe bike path in Kihei
81. Road Closed! WAY more than a bike path on Liloa
82. County Council Decides on Water Board appointment ; YES, 6-2 for de Naie
83. MEETING RECAP ON HOMELESSNESS IN SOUTH MAUI
84. Kihei’s Fourth Friday has begun their Fourth Year **Look for KCA at B-30 This Evening
85. What are you doing Saturday Morning? Swimming?
86. Group Bicycle Ride Saturday Morning at 9:00 AM
87. SLOW DOWN! This ain’t the mainland
88. What’s Up at Stella Blues Site in Azeka Mauka?
89. Whatever happened to KCA past President Jon Miller?
90. UPDATE Council’s First Says Yes- will they make the deadline?
91. UDRB unanimously moves both South Maui projects forward on Tuesday
92. Friday 9 AM Full Council–Lucienne De Naie moves forward at Water Board despite our rep Don Couch’s sole NO vote at PIA this morning
93. MARCH MEETING ADDRESSES HOMELESSNESS IN KIHEI ON TUESDAY EVENING
94. NEW LOCATION–County Council’s Special Committee sets an evening (5:00 PM) public meeting
95. An Apology to the KCA Membership
96. NOW ON AKAKU! Planning Commission Decides Nani Loa Condo Project Goes Forward
97. Alliance Feb meeting address two items: one for members, one the community
98. Our Design Review Committee (DRC) Scores First Development for 2016
99. But Elections in Hawaii are still several months away??
100. Developer announces public meeting on project, Kamaole Point , to be offered next Thursday at 6:30 PM