1. About KCA
2. Mission Statement
3. Meeting Schedule
4. Get Involved
5. Join the KCA!
6. Contact Us
8. Volunteer Opportunities
9. Public Relations
11. Photo Gallery
12. Board of Directors
13. Support KCA
14. About Kihei
17. Event Calendar
18. KCA Board of Director’s Application
20. Please Sign In
22. Access denied!
23. Member Directory
24. Join a Committee
25. Video Gallery
26. Full Width
27. Newsletter Signup
30. KCA Membership Application/Renewal Form
31. Design Review Committee
32. Membership Committee
40. Planning Committee
41. KCA Road Guidelines
42. Committee System
43. Recreation Committee
44. How is Building in Kihei Different?
45. The Design Review Process
47. List of Exemplary Projects in Kihei
1. NOW ON AKAKU CH 55 MEETING WITH SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES FILLS THE HOUSE
2. We offer testimony to Commission concerning weight and speed limits in South Maui Wednesday
3. VOLUNTEER MEETING PRESENTED BY COUNTY HHC DEPARTMENT DIVISION AT HIHWNMS IN KIHEI FRIDAY
4. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations last quarterly meeting for 2016 concluded on Wednesday.
5. ALLIANCE MEETING DEVIATES FROM AGENDA DUE TO TOPIC INTEREST
6. Ahihi-Kina’u Advisory Group Quarterly Meeting Thursday Morning
7. Governor’s “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC draws a large turnout Wednesday evening.
8. “MAUI’S ENERGY FUTURE” Forum from MT this Thursday evening
9. Council Candidate Forum by the Maui Filipino Working Group at the Binhi at Ani Community Center
10. SIX COUNCIL CANDIDATES IN FORUM at KCMS TUESDAY EVENING at 6:30 PM
11. Community anxiously awaits word on new Kihei Charter School
12. Mark Fenton invited back to Planning Commission Tuesday afternoon
13. Governor sets “Community Connection” public forum at UHMC for Wednesday
14. Alliance examines “Affordable Housing” Monday evening
15. KCA Testifies in favor of NOAA proposed protection of our Spinner Dolphins, nai’a, on Thursday Evening
16. Maui County MPO’s TAC initial meeting this Monday
17. Last day accepting questions for 10/18/16 candidate forum was Friday!
18. Maui County MPO Administrator announces initial actions this morning
19. Administration announces FY 2018 Budget Community Meeting at KCC next Monday
20. Council’s Planning Committee again looks at Maluaka Park’s required expansion on Tuesday.
21. All Clear on Thurs.-SOUTH MAUI ADVISED TO BOIL WATER WEDNESDAY MORNING!!
22. Maui County Candidates explain why you should vote for them in many ways
23. WILL EVERYONE ON MAUI HAVE TO BUY AND INSTALL A BACK FLOW PREVENTER?
24. WCA Conducts Candidate Forum Last Evening for one Council Race
25. KCA Testifies at PIA Committee on one item this morning
26. A Varied Style of County Candidate Forum
27. Who’s KCA & for what do we stand?
28. County survey on water use policies!
29. VOTING CLOSED:– Which Maui Candidates Should KCA Include on October 18- YOU DECIDE!
30. County Department of Planning Reports to Council on Plan Implementation
31. A Visit to the Kihei Wastewater Treatment Plant
32. Do Farmers have Holidays?
33. FIRST CHANCE TO HEAR FROM CANDIDATES SINCE PRIMARY ON MONDAY EVENING
34. What is killing our coral reef system around South Maui? How is our marine water quality?Are you a part of the problem? Why is this disaster allowed to continue?
35. KCA COMMUNITY INQUIRIES ANSWERED IN VARIETY OF WAYS
36. County Council Gives Unanimous Go Ahead to R & T Park To Proceed at FINAL Reading Friday (8/5/16 9 AM) Morning
37. Council’s Planning Committee induces Kihei resident testimony this morning
38. Maui County’s Community Plan Updates. What About Kihei Makena Community Plan?
39. Bike Path Blessing & Grand Opening is a Festive Monday Afternoon event at the Park
40. YOU don’t have to wait to August 13 to vote in Maui!!
41. HFUU County Council Forum seemingly winds up live opportunities to hear from candidates Wednesday.
42. DLNR- DOFAW PUBLIC HEARING ON HABITAT CONSERVATION PLAN ON MAJOR KIHEI PROJECT
43. Young Dems score again for the third time with the “triple W” residency seat for Council
44. Huliau Food & Film Festival in Kihei August 6
45. Another “ho hum” for Kihei. Is she coming to Kihei? South Maui? We’ll know Sunday Morning
46. FARMERS PLANT A SEED OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT WEDNESDAY EVENING .
47. SQUEEZE THOSE HANDLES! DATE TIME MAY CHANGE!!!BLESSING OF NEW SEGMENT OF KIHEI GREENWAY FRIDAY(???) MORNING AT 10:30 AM AT PARK
48. ALLIANCE OF MAUI COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS July 2016 meeting
49. FREE ICE CREAM!! (AND MORE,) BUT DO YOU NEED MORE THAN FREE ICE CREAM ?
50. Brown Water Alert for North Kihei Area on Friday (7/15/16)
51. AKAKU CH 55 AND ON LINE 9:00 PM SUNDAY KCA SO MAUI CANDIDATE FORUM
52. UPDATE 9PM SUNDAY- CH 55 GENERAL MEMBERSHIP COMMUNITY MEETING; THE SOUTH MAUI CANDIDATES’ FORUM
53. BUT I DO NOT LIVE IN WAILUKU, SO WHY A WAILUKU FORUM ?
54. CANDIDATE FORUM FROM YOUNG DEMS IN KIHEI FOR BOTH RACES
55. Maui First Responders on the Pi’ilani Hwy scene this AM
56. CANDIDATE FORUMS WITHOUT LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS. Looking at other events for candidates
57. County’s Council’s PIA Committee moves forward with some proposed County Charter Amendments
58. County Council Gives Unanimous Approval to R & T Park this Morning 8/5/16
59. Maui Food Bank (MFB) Continuous Drive by KCA
60. WHAT? YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!? So. Maui Candidates Tuesday Evening
61. QUESTIONS ABOUT QUESTIONS FOR JULY 19 CANDIDATE FORUM FOR SOUTH MAUI RACES
62. County Council’s PIA Committee decides “Governance” item is Pau- not moved to Council
63. HISTORICAL DATA FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON COVE/KALAMA PARK MARINE WATER QUALITY
64. County Council’s PIA Committee had a busy day Monday: KCA was there x Four!
65. South Maui Elections generate another Candidate forum Monday- Dems only
66. 2016 legislature update offered on Saturday morning in Kihei
67. ALMOST FINISHED KIHEI POOL CLOSED FOR FIRST HALF OF 2016
68. ALLIANCE MOVES INTO YEAR FIVE
69. An informative, but depressing scientific presentation concerning coral reefs
70. KCA leads the public testimony at Water Resources Committee of MCC this morning
71. Kulanihakoi “bridge” proposal draws KCA to Planning Commission this morning
72. Kihei Bikeway, Phase II is (sort of) completed along Liloa, fronting school this morning
73. Do you want to decide the County’s future by your vote? KCA says YES
74. The Value of Trees
75. YOUR QUESTION? KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON TUESDAY AT KCMS FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
76. JUST A TYPO**ROAD NOT CLOSED FOR TWO MONTHS. Yes, that’s what the sign says, but we think it is a mistake
77. NO WATER IN PARTS OF KIHEI TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
78. South Maui Coalition of Community Associations quarterly meeting this morning
79. MONDAY 6/27 IS NEXT STEP—LET THE VOTING PUBLIC DECIDE!! KCA to County Council via Resolution on “Governance Issue”
80. South Maui Council Candidates on TV Tuesday at 7:00 PM
81. MNMRC Monthly meeting at PWF in Maalaea this evening
82. ”FRAUD WATCH” POPULAR FORUM ISSUE IN JUNE, 2016
83. Road closed this week***Bike path construction along Liloa nearing conclusion in June
84. Mo’okiha O Pi’ilani sails into Wailea, thrilling residents and visitors alike
85. What did Councilman Couch tell KCA this week?
86. KCA PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETS WITH DPW DIRECTOR DAVID GOODE
87. KCA CONDUCTS CANDIDATES’ FORUM ON WEDNESDAY EVENING AT KCC FOR MULTIPLE RACES.
88. MAKENA SITE VISIT BY COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION; KCA TAGS ALONG & COMMENTS
89. MAY 17 COMMUNITY MEETING RECAP ON DEVELOPMENT IN SOUTH MAUI
90. Alliance of Maui Community Associations Recap for May 16, 2016
91. Sidewalks needed for South Kihei Road
92. Work Continues on Downtown Kihei commercial project along Pi’ikea
93. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A “GHOST BIKE”, A “GHOST RIDE” OR A “RIDE OF SILENCE” IS?
94. Council’s Budget Committee Says YES to Ocean Safety Officers (OSO’s) Today
95. Planning Commission examines three South Maui Issues and much more today
96. How Much Growth for South Maui is already approved? How much infrastructure?
97. Makena Site Visit Set for 5/18/16 at 9:00 AM For County Planning Commission on Resort Project
98. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 6 AND 8? IT CAN BE A LOT MORE THAN TWO
99. Maui Metro Planning Org (Maui MPO) Meeting
100. MNMRC AT HIHWNMS WITH PHD’S ON SKR INVITING KCA